October 15, 2010

Japanese Visitor Day!



Hi! Today was pretty fun.
So there's this program at our school that I'm involved in called the International Baccalaureate program. It's a crazy elite program that is SO difficult to go through but at the end of Senior year, you take your tests on the IB stuff you've learned (one test per class-- 6 tests) and if you pass them, you get college credit and the pride in knowing that you just passed the hardest 4 years anyone will ever go through. IB is partially why I blog so rarely. It's sort of exhausting and really involved. A part of IB is the 'International theme' which encourages cultural diffusion in the classroom and all that jazz. Part of that includes that we have students from different countries visit our school every so often.
So today we had Japanese students visit. I volunteered for one of them to follow me around for the day. I've done it 2 times before. What's most difficult about the Japanese visitors is that most American students don't know any Japanese so the language barrier is pretty prevalent. Today, I was Mami's day-buddy. She didn't know much English so we mostly communicated in body language and facial expressions, as well as notes. She was nice and super adorable! She had her own spin on their school uniform. She wore the skirt (which was still cute), rolled down knee high socks, cute light tan hiking boots, a dress shirt, v-neck sweater, red bow, and plaid scarf. She was adorable and had a load of personality. The only picture I got was this quick one my sister took with her phone.
So last night, I was freaking about what to wear today. I really wanted to make a good impression! But this morning I really just went with whatever I was most comfortable in. Yay for "just be yourself"! You can tell I really love these shorts, can't you?

Blouse: Clothing Swap (FREE)
Shorts: Goodwill ($4)
Jacket: Gift from Solanah of Vixen Vintage

3 comments on "Japanese Visitor Day!"

KK on October 15, 2010 at 9:01 PM said...

Kat...

As your brother, there is a sort of responsibility I feel (imagined or real), to read the things you write. Despite this gravitation however, I really enjoyed your short but sweet post for today and I hope to read more of your posts and opinions as you find the spare time to do so. I liked how you broke down your outfit cost, and was wondering how much your shoes were. I notced that the jacket was a gift from Solanah, she is a pretty sweet woman no?

KK

KK on October 15, 2010 at 9:06 PM said...

I guess I didn't catch that the shoes were so inexpensive (you mentioned already how much they are and where you got them from).

Keep up the good work. I apologize if I am embarrassing you.

Love you!

KK

Sorella on March 7, 2011 at 4:17 PM said...

I love those shoes :).

Post a Comment