July 14, 2010

Burt's Bees Grab Bag Review (Part 1)



Hey! It's me again! I know I haven't updated in a while and that's because I've just been out and about lately! Last week, my brother came over to visit which doesn't happen quite often enough, so we tried to do as many fun things as possible. Then it was my birthday party and all that jazz. I've also been failing a lot of projects lately so I haven't been able to update about them.
Today's post is Part One of the Burt's Bees Premium Grab Bag Review. I mentioned that I bought one of these and now that I've had a bit of time to use the goodies, I think it's a perfect time to starts reviewing!

Thoroughly Therapeutic Honey & Bilberry Foot Creme (Rate: 3 )
This product was an extra FREE addition to the Grab Bag. It's a full-sized product which is also lovely. I generally don't use foot cremes due to the fact that my feet are usually in shoes, so they don't really matter to me. But I have gone out of my way to use this product in order to be able to report back to the blog. I usually have fairly soft feet already so I didn't see too much of a difference.. And the scent of this foot creme may either be lovely or kind of gross, I guess it really depends on your mood. Either way, your feet don't smell like feet anymore! Because I don't usually use foot cremes, I even tried using this on my hands. I'd actually recommend it for your hands! It makes them soft and isn't water-y like most lotions for your hands. It's moisture without the wetness.
I'm not TOO excited about this product, but hey, it was free. I definitely don't have anything against it.


Lip Shimmer (Watermelon) (Rate: 5)
I love LOVE love this product. I was a little hesitant because of the word "shimmer" in the title, but really, it's not sparkly like most "shimmer" products! I was a harsh judge because I already have a favourite Burt's Bees Lip product but this lip shimmer really surprised me! The colour was not as dull as I thought it would be and it slid onto my lips easily and smoothly. It was a very even colour that was just pretty enough to go out with but low-key enough to not have to do a full make-up. I'm definitely going to buy more of these shimmers!

Radiance Body Lotion with Royal Jelly (Rate: 4)
I'm actually really satisfied with this product. It's a very light-weight product that my skin soaked up easily. With some formulas, I'm worried about my skin feeling too heavily moisturized, but this was a lovely surprise! The full-sized tube is usually 6 fluid ounces. I hadn't even realized that I got a sample size! I got a 2.5 fluid ounce tube, but it seems like quite a bit. I use this product on my legs (its so lovely) and on my arms. It's perfect for a pretty tan, and I would definitely recommend this for the summer! I probably will stop using this in the fall and winter because it would pretty much be futile. This lotion has tiny little specks of mica that sparkle in the light! That sounds really cheesey and dumb but it's not so.. chunky or obviously noticeable unless you pour on this lotion. Because of my skin condition, I need a little bit extra moisture, so I usually follow this up with my handy-dandy hemp lotion on all the usual dry spots (elbows, knees, that sort of thing). The only reason I didn't rate this a 5 is because I have to use another lotion too, but I don't mind at all!


That's it for now! Definitely more to come!

0 comments on "Burt's Bees Grab Bag Review (Part 1)"

Post a Comment